Well, if that doesn’t just take the biscuit!
(Never thought I would quote the vile Denker, but I do adore a cheeky British saying.)
Miss Cruikshank is exposed!
A possible love interest for Tom!
And Carson gets his oh-so-delectable comeuppance from his blushing bride!
So many things took the biscuit on this week’s Valentine’s Day episode, all setting the stage for next week’s “semi-finals” if you will.
Here’s my List for Episode 7:
1. Oh, how I loved to hear Violet say “This is the work of Miss Cruikshank”! Isn’t there a cat in Harry Potter named Cruikshank?
2. “How long will you be away?” Isabel asks Violet, about to abscond to France on a mission to cool off after being “allowed to step down” as hospital president. “Until nostalgia has smothered my fury,” she says. I will miss Violet’s golden nuggets of pith and wit.
3. And back to Miss Cruikshank, who was utterly FILLETED by Lady Violet, and apparently only wanted a “free nurse” to take her future father-in-law off her grubby, greedy little hands. Nice work, DC.
4. I like the energy and excitement in the magazine office, and the new “woman editor,” who is obviously going to be Tom’s new squeeze. (Wouldn’t a spin-ff show about the magazine be divine?) And I give thanks again that Miss Bunting has vanished in a funnel cloud of argumentative vapors.
5. Poor Thomas! He admits his attachment to Downton, tries to be friendly with the downstairs crew for once, and gets demoted from tutoring, his only positive purpose in life! However, will Molesely’s new career as a teacher leave room in the household budget to keep Mr. Barrow on?
6. The racing accident was tragic, and ghastly for Mary in kicking up her trauma over losing Matthew, but…Did anyone else notice how Edith reacted to the crash? She was almost as terrified as Mary that Henry Talbot had been hurt. This is because she actually loves her sister, deep, deep down, and doesn’t want to see her lose another love in a car accident. Well, if that just doesn’t take the biscuit–Edith and Mary may harbor some sisterly love!
7. Carson, you’ve been behaving like an old booby for real, and it was high time your wife served up a bit of revenge. Faking a hand injury and forcing you to cook supper was just the tough love you deserve.
8. I totally want to go to Mrs. Patmore’s B and B! But who’s that fellow with the notebook and camera, skulking in the bushes?
9. Edith gets a proposal of marriage from a man who is neither too old or already married. Bertie’s simply mad about her, and let’s be honest, Edith isn’t exactly overrun with suitors. But she better tell him the truth about Marigold, and he better be happy about it.
10. No one is buying Mary’s break-up with Henry Talbot. No. one. Obviously, they care deeply for each other, and the show’s writers only have two more hours to put all the pieces together!
11. Tio! Welcome little fur ball. Somewhere in doggy Heaven, Isis is wagging her tail.
So many loose ends to tie up in 2 weeks!
Will Edith and Bertie make it to the altar? Will she tell him that her ward is really her daughter?
How about Henry and Mary? And if they do, will he continue on as a race car driver?
How will they resolve Thomas’ loneliness and his employment issues?
Again, comment below for a chance to win Downton Tea at the end of the season!